Client: Brunel University London
Programme: 12 months
Appointment duration: March 2019 - ongoing
When looking to procure the fit-out packages to build its new 6-storey teaching and learning centre, Brunel University selected and appointed Zyber Construction following a competitive tender process. The main decision criteria for choosing Zyber Construction was to speed up the fit-out phase while maintaining the required quality.
- The client required early involvement of a capable contractor to market test the following works packages based upon a sufficiently representative firm design: carpentry, flooring, painting and decorating, mechanical and electrical, flooring and furniture.
- Needed contractor buy-in to project objectives, programme, and costs.
- Needed to appoint a contract on the basis of experience and track record.
- Adopted a One-Team solution-driven approach to deliver the project.
- Leveraging the supply chain and utilising Zyber's proprietary work planning methodology enabled the client to achieve their business objectives.
- Controlling the construction phase and taking any necessary action in order to ensure that the project will be completed within the cost approved by the Client and by the programmed completion date.